Postgraduate Certificate in Academic Practice in Higher Education
M010DL Introduction to Teaching and Learning in HE
M01ODL Learning Outcomes
The intended learning outcomes are that on completion of this module the student will be able to:
1. Critically evaluate their learning, teaching and assessment practices and environments, within their own and the wider HE context.
2. Design, plan and deliver learner-centered learning activities and evaluate their effectiveness in the global classroom.
3. Demonstrate engagement with pedagogic theory, research and insights and the
impact on their learning, teaching and assessment practice.
4. Identify their initial and on-going development needs informed by the UKPSF.
Core Evidence required for your M01ODL Portfolio
– Two Teaching Observations:
• One undertaken by participant’s manager, required to achieve good or above in the majority of the criteria
• One undertaken of an experienced colleague
– Evidence of student feedback on your academic practice and your reflections on the
feedback from your student and observers.
– Mapping of your practice against the UKPSF to D1.
– Evidence of engagement in professional dialogues throughout the module.