The UK Professional Standards Framework
For Teaching and Supporting Learning in Higher Education
The UK Professional Standards Framework:
1. Supports the initial and continuing professional development of staff engaged in teaching and supporting learning
2. Fosters dynamic approaches to teaching and learning through creativity, innovation and continuous development in diverse academic and/or professional settings
3. Demonstrates to students and other stakeholders the professionalism that staff and institutions bring to teaching and support for student learning
4. Acknowledges the variety and quality of teaching, learning and assessment practices that support and underpin student learning
5. Facilitates individuals and institutions in gaining formal recognition for quality enhanced approaches to teaching and supporting learning, often as part of wider responsibilities that may include research and/or management activities.